The Council for Adverse Drug Reactions offers general guidance to the Danish Medicines Agency in adverse reaction matters and proposes recommendations and solutions to the Agency for improving the prevention and monitoring of adverse reactions.
These are the main tasks of the Council:
- to monitor and assess adverse reaction reporting in practice
- to propose recommendations and give inspiration to the Danish Medicines Agency’s information and communication tasks on adverse reactions for consumers, patients and health care professionals.
The purpose of the advisory service is to:
- increase the quality of the total adverse reaction monitoring
- create a forum for dialogue with medical knowledge and viewpoints from other parts of society
- promote the prevention of adverse drug reactions
- encourage a safer use of medicinal products.
The Council for Adverse Drug Reactions consists of representatives from the industry, therapists, patients and consumers.
Via the fact box to the right you can find the Council for Adverse Drug Reactions’ members, dates of meetings and minutes of meetings. For further information, please see executive order no. 710 of 13 August 2003 on procedures for the Council for Adverse Drug Reactions (Bekendtgørelse om forretningsorden for bivirkningsrådet) at the website of the Secretariat for legal information www.retsinfo.dk (in Danish only).